Research has shown CBD has a positive effect on acne both topical and consumable products. CBD directly affects Human sebocytes, the cells that create sebum (An oily substance the skin creates to protect us, can also harm us by mixing with dirt, pollutants, etc. and get stuck in the pores) by limiting the production of sebum resulting in clearer pores. As I’ve mentioned previously CBD is great for inflammation, which helps reduce blemishes, puffiness and redness caused by acne.
Read More: National Library of Medicine
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
In past blogs I shared the challenges I face because of having Multiple Sclerosis (MS), I also suffer from PCOS which is a hormonal condition that affects menstruation cycles, acne, excessive hair growth, increased risk for diabetes, and other symptoms. Having been diagnosed with PCOS 11 years ago, I have tried almost every product out there for facial acne and discolorations to help with the hormonal imbalances caused by PCOS and found CBD products to be the most effective.
While both topical and consumable products work well (oils/gummies), for me, the best results for inflammation (pimples) and discolorations (dark spots) come from topical products such as vitamin c oil and spot remover.
Side Note: Your diet is extremely important as well as some foods lend to breakouts more than others and inflame the symptoms of PCOS (bloating, heavy/continuous cycle, weight gain).
PCOS can cause weight gain because it makes it more difficult for the body to use insulin, (insulin resistance) and can cause glucose to build up in the bloodstream. A person without PCOS’ body would turn sugars and starches from food into energy making it easier to burn calories and maintain a “normal” weight.
The good news is there are a lot of different CBD products that can help with symptoms associated with PCOS:
- CBD Oils – Great for inflammation, pain, bloating,
- CBD Gummies – Great for appetite, metabolism, thermoregulation
- CBD Topical – Reduces Hyperpigmentation, fades dark spots
It is extremely important to always seek professional medical advice to determine if CBD products are safe for you to use.
CBD Beauty Bundle
HOW DO I USE IT AND WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT IT?
- Age Spot Brightening Cream
- I apply this product nightly which has reduced dark spots and discolorations in my skin
- AM-PM Moisturizing Cream
- I apply this morning and night right before I apply sunscreen, a small amount goes a long way and provides great moisturization without clogging my pores.
- Vitamin C Serum
- I use this oil day and night, I apply this after washing my face, then I apply all other products after the vitamin c oil dries. This has been a game changer for my dark spots as well!